IT Asset Management Solutions
Electronic waste is quickly becoming a global crisis. It is now responsible for 5% of municipal solid waste across the world. With ever-changing technology, most items are obsolete within a year leading to an electronic waste stream that increases by 8% each year, and is estimated to increase at the rate infinitely. Emergent Group provides solutions for businesses to take control of their excess IT equipment by providing customized contracts that render the most value to your company. In addition, our environmental management system assures that all of your excess equipment is reused or disposed of in the most environmentally sound way.
BENEFITS of RECYCLING1
CONSERVES NATURAL RESOURCES
Electronic equipment contains many hazardous materials that can be reused instead of depleting the remaining natural resources of our environment.
Recycling of aluminum takes 95% less energy that producing fresh aluminum from raw materials. Recycling of plastics saves up to 70% energy, glass up to 40%, and recycling steel can save up to 60% energy.
Recycling e-waste provides jobs and creates new markets for used and refurbished equipment. In addition, recycling provides income that can be used toward upgrading to newer technology.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Management and employees at Emergent Group recognize that a commitment to the Environment and to the Health and Safety of its employees is essential to achieving customer satisfaction, business goals and objectives, and operational continual improvement.
We do this by:
- Focusing on preventing pollution and preventing workplace injuries in every aspect of operations.
- Being committed to complying with applicable EHS legal and other requirements related to our EHS risks, we are also committed to customer and product requirements and applicable industry best practices.
- Managing end-of-life electronics equipment following the “Reuse, Recover, Dispose” (RRD) hierarchy policy of responsible management on-site and throughout our recycling supply chain.
- Communicating our vision and goals with our clients and the public where applicable.
- Being committed to a “Zero Landfill Policy”.
- Meeting quality objectives by establishing, implementing, and maintaining a documented and effective integrated management system which complies with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, and R2:2013.
- Educating our team members about their responsibility to identify and communicate health & safety concerns and proactively identify any pollution sources.
- Providing integrated solutions to ensure satisfaction of our customers by exceeding their expectations of Quality, Safety, Reliability, and Service.